Where am I? > Skip Navigation LinksHome > FAQ

Cancelsure FAQs

I am going on a cookery course. Can I use Cancelsure to insure my booking?

Yes. Course cancellation insurance from Cancelsure can be used to insure to any type of course booking including both residential and non-residential courses. You can use our policy for summer school courses and anything else which involves paying in advance to learn a new skill.

I am 94 and have been given a terminal prognosis by my Doctor. Will you still insure me for cancellation of my course in case I fall ill the week before?

Yes. Cancelsure doesn't have any age restrictions or exclusions relating to pre-existing medical conditions. We'll also cover people with a terminal prognosis.

Will I need to be medically screened when I buy Cancelsure insurance like last year when I went on a holiday to Spain?

No. Your medical problems are automatically covered so there is no need to tell us what medication you are on or to provide anything from your Doctor. There are no exclusions relating to pre-existing medical conditions on Cancelsure.

My course is costing £200. How much will it cost to insure my booking?

Our premiums are calculated per person and based on the cost of your course and your age. If you are aged up to 55, then your premium will be £17.00. It's easy to work out your premium using the simple table in the Cancelsure application form.

My course doesn't include accommodation but I am booking a nearby hotel. Can I include the cost of the hotel booking when calculating my premium.

Not unless it forms part of the actual course booking although you could take out a separate Guest First Holiday Insurance policy for your accommodation expenses and travel.

I am going on a course with a friend. Can we insure both our courses on the same application form.

Yes. Simply calculate the premiums per person. One of you will be the applicant and you can list up to 3 additional people on the Cancelsure application form.

My mum has recently been ill and I want insurance in case she is ill again and it means I have to cancel. Can you help with that?

Yes. Cancelsure extends to include cancellation of the course due to the illness of close relatives including parents and parents-in-law. See the full policy wording here.

Do you offer travel insurance as well as course cancellation insurance?

Yes. We're travel insurance specialists. If you are looking for UK holiday cancellation insurance then our Hotelsure policy will cover your holiday against cancellation and curtailment. And for holidays abroad why not get a travel insurance quote from World First.

Is there an excess if I need to claim on my Cancelsure policy?

Yes. But it is only £25.00 per person.

Does Cancelsure include insurance for my luggage and money?

No. The policy only provides cover for cancellation and curtailment of courses in the UK.

Who underwriters the Cancelsure Course Insurance?

Travel Insurance Facilities manages the UK and Ireland Branch office of German Insurer, Union Reiseversicherung AG (URV), part of Germany's largest banking group, Versicherungskammer Bayern Group (VKB Group) with 570 regional companies, 19,000 local agencies and a 38 percent share of the German Market.

I have a number of existing medical conditions. Can you recommend somebody who can offer travel insurance for holidays abroad?

Yes. Our World First policy is for holidays outside the UK and we can cover 1000s of pre-existing medical conditions. Click here for more details on our medical travel insurance.


Cancelsure Insurance, Tourism House, Woodwater Park, Pynes Hill, Exeter, EX2 5WS
T: 0345 071 3929
E: info@cancelsure-insurance.co.uk

Payment options

Cancelsure Insurance is a trading name of Rothwell & Towler (2013) Ltd which is an Appointed Representative of Crispin Speers & Partners Ltd who are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Register number 311507. Rothwell & Towler (2013) Ltd, Registered in England No. 08294942. Registered Office: St Clare House, 30-33 Minories, London, EC3N 1PE.